Thursday, July 23, 2009

PUPPIES in the mourning





15 week old puppies have a lot of energy in the mourning! 
I guess that's why it was a good time for their 
training and socializing class, just not such a good time for me.
We got to teach them their names which were all the New Kids on the Block names.
Then practice sit and down.
Then touch their ears, mouths and toes so they get used to people poking them.
We also got to pick up the balls of fluff which resulted in the best pics because
 when they were down they did not stop moving ever!
I'm holding Jordan who I decided I would like to keep forever, 
but I know a cattle dog would really like herd my poor kitties.
They are also learning to walk on a leash the 
black and grey one named Jonathan is having the most trouble,
 he also likes to start fights with his litter mates.
All of this training and socializing is giving the puppies a great start at life. 

In fact because of Best Friends Puppy Pre-K  classes they 
have only had one pup returned to them so far this year
and it was not because of bad behavior. 
Before the Pre-K classes one of three puppies would be returned.
Now they have such a good foundation for their 
forever homes to continue consistent training, 
the puppies and owners are much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment